This programme is updated regularly.
The printed programme (not necessarily the final version) may be downloaded here.
For venue locations see Map.
TUESDAY 28th August 2018
THURSDAY 30th August 2018
- 7:30 pm for 8pm start. Hat Auction at Bridport & West Dorset Club, South Street Bridport.
FRIDAY 31st August 2018
- 9.15pm. Music at the Ropemakers, West Street – Million Dollar Bash – These chaps celebrate the fine music of BOB DYLAN and THE BAND in their own unique style!. Free Entry.
SATURDAY 1st September 2018
Bucky Doo Square
- 10 am. Mayor’s welcome in Bucky Doo Square.
- 10.05am – 1pm. ‘The Pop Club Stage’ will feature young musicians:
- 10am – 4pm. Hat & Millinery Trade Stands in The Hat Market, and HatFest HQ, in Bridport Arts Centre.
- 10am – 4pm. Hat & Craft stands plus a Display of entries for the Childrens’ Poster Competition, in the Town Hall.
- 10am – 4pm. Pop-up bands, buskers and street entertainment throughout town.
- 10am – 1pm. On-street short listing of the ‘Fun’ Hat Competitions from amongst the general public in Bucky Doo Square & the Millennium Green.
- 12am-3pm. Music in the Bridport & West Dorset Club.
- 1pm – 1.30pm. MASS HATTED PHOTO in Bucky Doo Square.
- 1.30pm – 2pm. Judging and prize-giving for the ‘Fun’ Public Hat Competitions: Best Lady, Best Gent, Best Boy, Best Girl, Best Hatted Couple & Best Hatted Family or Group.
- 2pm – 5pm. ‘The Pop Club Stage’ will feature young musicians and solo acts and duos from amongst the members.
- 11am – 12noon. A performance by “Dynamic Dance” Audience participation encouraged!
- 12noon – 12.45pm. A performance by Bridport’s “No Limits” performing arts organisation
- 2pm – 3pm. Timothy Beckett is an acoustic singer-songwriter based in Southampton. Playing a mix of folk and blues, his lyrics tell tales of personal memories, tinder mishaps and murderous ex-girlfriends.
The Bull Hotel
- 10am – 2pm. Music at Millennium Green with local folk bands
- 10pm – 4pm. Have your cartoon drawn by Petra!
- 10am – 12.30pm. The Bridport Hat-Hurling Challenge; prizes at 12.30pm.
- 11am – 12noon. Best Hatted Dog Competition (sponsored by Animal House) – all entries get a treat! NB please do ensure that your dog is happy to join in the fun wearing a hat
- 2pm – 4pm. A concert with St Swithun’s Brass Band
- 2.45 – 5pm. The Mad Hatters’ Tea Party. Tea, soft drinks & cakes (plus prosecco available for the grown-ups!)
- 3.30 – 4pm. The Elegant Ensemble Competition – for the most elegantly hatted and attired lady, gentleman and (adult) couple.
- 8am – 4pm. Bridport Market, throughout the town centre.
- 11.00 – 11.30am. Children’s Story Time at the Library.
- 7.30pm – 11pm. Bridport Ceilidh at St Mary’s Hall.
- 9:15pm. The Ropemakers. Music – Tori Redd & the Tall Travelling Troubadours. Free Entry
St Michael’s Estate
- 10am – 5pm. The Art & Vintage Quarter at St Michael’s Trading Estate.
Bridport Arts Centre
SUNDAY 2nd September 2018
- 12noon – 2.30pm. The Ropemakers’ Sunday Lunch.
- 4pm. Music – Jim Reynolds is a guitarist and singer who writes and plays an eclectic mix of music.