The judging of the open competition has been improved for 2016 by the introduction of a grading system, which will give all entrants who achieve the required standard, a highly commended, bronze, silver, or gold certificate of merit. These certificates will be given on merit, strictly according to the total marks awarded by the judges in the following five categories.
- Creativity & originality
- Workmanship & degree of difficulty.
- Proportion: balance & colour.
- Quality of skills shown.
- Visual appeal & impact.
- Highly commended will require a total mark awarded of 60%
- Bronze will require a total mark awarded of 70%
- Silver will require a total mark awarded of 80%
- Gold will require a total mark awarded of 90%
There will be three winners of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd money prizes. Final order is the decision which will be determined by scrutiny of the exhibits with the highest points by the two judges and with liaison with the competition director.